Welcome

Hi!

Well, if you're here you are probably frantically looking for answers, I knew I was when I first found I had MC. It isn't a fun thing to have, so I understand what you might be feeling, but rest assured it can be managed. Keep your spirits up, be optimistic about a good outcome, and concentrate on getting rid of it!


I hope these few ideas help. I recommend you read the whole thing (start at the bottom of the page and work up)- a holistic approach will be far more successful.

How this started...

Well, I guess if you're here you're probably unfortunate enough to have molluscum too. Not sure if it will help, but here's my story:

I first noticed a couple of lumps on my upper inner thigh about 6 weeks ago. At first I thought it was what my doctor called a skin tag - a small benign lump of skin - I have had a couple on my stomach for years, nothing to worry about. Ignored it for a couple of weeks (there was my first mistake).

About that time I had a discussion with a girl I was seeing and, well, lets say she liked the clean look. So I shaved the area in question, all neat and clean, I thought anyway (there was my second mistake). A week or two later I noticed more bumps - oh f... - gosh I said to myself in the bathroom. Frantically googled the symptoms, and I was convinced I had genital warts, or HPV - contagious, hard to cure, and long lasting. So off to the doctor.

It was a massive relief at the time to discover it wasn't genital warts but molluscum contagiosum (MC from now on OK?). The doctor told me it wasn't too serious, would go away on it's own, and it wasn't contagious (he was very wrong on the last count). So, no big deal, whip out the liquid nitrogen and burn off the offending lumps (now, guys, that stings a bit - the lumps weren't just on my leg...).

When I got home, as is my tendency, I Googled as much info as I could find. Hmmm, so it is highly contagious, often sexually transmitted in adults, and can take 6-12 months to clear! Starting to worry now. This is not going to do my romantic life any good at all!

So, that made me highly determined to resolve it as quickly as possible. This blog will detail what I'm doing and how it's going, as well as what I've learned, so hopefully others can benefit from my experiences.

By the way, I'm not really promiscuous, and the two sexual partners I have had in the past 12 months don't have any symptoms. So I don't know where I got it from, but I suspect, since the first lump was on my inner thigh, that I picked it up from a bike seat at the gym - there could have been skin contact with shorts on, in a moist environment which the virus loves, and it spread from there.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Hey there,

My experience so far with MC runs as such: I found a bump about two months ago now on my inner thigh, and didn't think much of it. When the number grew from one to a few, suddenly it was something to think about again. Like you, I googled and lost it when it looked a lot like herpes lesions. Needless to say, I went to the sexual health clinic the next day for a swab test. The doctor there wasn't certain about her diagnosis, saying her guesses were 1st a bacterial infection, 2nd herpes, and 3rd (you guessed it) MC. After 2 and a half weeks of using the antibacterial cream she gave me, I received good results-herpes was negative! I then went to my GP about the bumps as they weren't going away. (I should have done this right away, as he would have followed up and made things go a lot faster, but was difficult because he's a middle-aged man and I'm a 19-year-old girl!) He prescribed me strong antibotics for 10 days, but to no avail. I got a rush appointment with my dermatologist, who diagnosed it as MC.

Long story short, I freaked out, did everything I could against it for a week, then went back to the dermatologist who said "CALM DOWN". Yes, it's a million times easier to say it than to do it, but it really is true that freaking out about it isn't going to help. Anyway, I'm going for my second round of liquid nitrogen freezing this week, and just recieved my shipment of Zymaderm. Strangely enough, it's the stuff the poster on lemon myrtle oil mentioned. I've heard good things and I'm really really hoping it does wonders for me. I will continue with the freezing, trying to get good sleep and eat well, and taking echinecea, lysine and thuja, never using the same towel or clothing twice, and washing my hands religiously. All in hopes that this will go away decently quickly. I can't deal with the 6-12 months either. I'm in a long-term relationship, and though my boyfriend has been wonderful about it, I can't help but think that it will be easier on us if this clears up sooner rather than later....

Thanks, nameless blogger, for this blog. I hope things clear up for the both of us quickly!!

Anonymous said...

you can remove them by popping them between your fingers or pulling them out with a tweezers, kinda painful but i got the blistering agent from the doctor and 4 freezing treatments, i finally tried just digging them out myself and disposing them on a tissue and it worked awesome. the doctors said i had one of the worst cases they had ever seen, and before the ointment and freezing doctors just dug them out. save money, save time, dig them out then use rubbing alcohol to prevent the virus from spreading. good luck.

Nicole said...

As a quick update to my post above, I'm following through with the freezing therapy, which has been working well for me. I also ordered Zymaderm off the internet, after hearing a great deal about it from forums, and (touch wood) it seems to be working. I had only two bumps that were zapped at my last treatment about a week ago. So far, nothing obvious has come up since then, so my fingers are crossed and I'm hoping hoping hoping that I may be reaching the end of this ordeal. I would recommend the Zymaderm and freezing for anyone dealing with this. It seems to have controlled stuff for me. Good luck!

SUSSAN MORRIS said...

I'M TOTALLY CURED OF HIV FROM DOCTOR JAMES HERBAL MEDICINE   Does anyone still doubt natural herbs? I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people's lives. I wonder why people still spend their money on surgery, injections and drugs each time they are sick. Natural herbs can cure all kinds of illness includingParkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Fibromyalgia,aSyndrome Fibrodysplasia ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease, Diabetes ,Coeliac disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes. herpes,Cancer,Vaginal burning, diabetics, asthma,EBV, HIV, hepatitis,Enlargement, etc. I've seen it with my own eyes. I was Cured of Hiv/aids and my aunt and her husband were cured from herpes by Dr James who uses natural herbs to cure different kinds of illness. Even Dr James proved to the whole world countless times that natural herbs can cure all kinds of diseases and he cured countless people using natural herbs. I know it is hard to believe but am a living testimony. He prepared herbal medications and sent it to me through DHL COURIER DELIVERY SERVICES and I took it as he instructed. 11days later, I went to the hospital to do a checkup, the result came out and I tested NEGATIVE. There is no harm in trying herbs, it will only get you cured from what you are, so why don't you give herbs a try and see its effectiveness..His herbal medicine it's easy to drink with no side   Contact Dr James on Email .... drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com..