Welcome

Hi!

Well, if you're here you are probably frantically looking for answers, I knew I was when I first found I had MC. It isn't a fun thing to have, so I understand what you might be feeling, but rest assured it can be managed. Keep your spirits up, be optimistic about a good outcome, and concentrate on getting rid of it!


I hope these few ideas help. I recommend you read the whole thing (start at the bottom of the page and work up)- a holistic approach will be far more successful.

Information

I've already said my doctor was a little mis-informed on this disease, since he told me it wasn't contagious! He actually manipulated the lumps with un-gloved fingers, so I pity the next person who he touched... hope it wasn't a child.

Anyway, you need to get fully informed on this disease if you want to fight it. Here are some good resources on the net that I've found very useful:

Molluscum Contagiosum: eMedicine Pediatrics: General Medicine
Excellent technical site - written by doctors for doctors (and the rest of us). Some medical lingo though, google it if you don't know what a word means

Molluscum Contagiosum Causes, Symptoms, Treatment and Prevention on eMedicineHealth.com
A more general overview for the layperson.

Boosting Your Immune System
A healthy immune system is one key to getting over the disease, this site is interesting.

Follow this eat-right plan to fortify your immune system - CNN.com
Interesting article on CNN on healthy immune system boosting foods.

Mindfulness Meditation Technique
If you are stressed your immune system will suffer - meditation can help (yeah I know, I used to think it was weird too, but it does work)

CrushPessimism.com
Also a great site for stress control.


Read up as much as you can....

No comments: