Welcome

Hi!

Well, if you're here you are probably frantically looking for answers, I knew I was when I first found I had MC. It isn't a fun thing to have, so I understand what you might be feeling, but rest assured it can be managed. Keep your spirits up, be optimistic about a good outcome, and concentrate on getting rid of it!


I hope these few ideas help. I recommend you read the whole thing (start at the bottom of the page and work up)- a holistic approach will be far more successful.

Lemon Myrtle oil

It sounds like Australian Lemon Myrtle oil applied daily to the lesions can be effective - 90% reduction within weeks according to one study:

ScienceDirect - Biomedecine & Pharmacotherapy : Essential oil of Australian lemon myrtle (Backhousia citriodora) in the treatment of molluscum contagiosum in children

I'm not sure how I'm going to manage this in conjunction with the duct tape therapy. I might try applying it to the lesion with a cotton bud, then covering the lot with tape. I will definitely give it a go, some very positive feedback on the forum above.

I bought some from the local health food store, $19 for about 15ml, it was in one of those little bottles for essential oil burners but the label said 100% pure. If you can't find it I came across this web site

Lemon Myrtle Essentials | Organic Body Care

I don't know anything about them, but it's somewhere to start.

If I end up in the dermatologist's office with a severe skin reaction I'll let you know :-)

No comments: