Welcome

Hi!

Well, if you're here you are probably frantically looking for answers, I knew I was when I first found I had MC. It isn't a fun thing to have, so I understand what you might be feeling, but rest assured it can be managed. Keep your spirits up, be optimistic about a good outcome, and concentrate on getting rid of it!


I hope these few ideas help. I recommend you read the whole thing (start at the bottom of the page and work up)- a holistic approach will be far more successful.

Update

Well, I'm down to two significant MC lumps, still covered with tape. There are 4 or 5 other suspicious looking lumps, but they are very small and they don't have the same "glassy" look as the MC usually has. I'm keeping a close eye on them though.

It's interesting to note that the area of the original lumps is completely clear, the remaining lumps are all on the adjacent skin. So I wonder if I had removed/covered the original lumps straight away (and hadn't shaved the area), if it would be completely gone now?

Following a comment to one of my posts below, I've started applying tea tree oil daily, instead of lemon myrtle oil. Basically I had a large bottle already in the medicine kit (it's good for spider bites apparently), and I don't have to muck around diluting it like with the lemon myrtle oil. It burns a bit on application to sensitive skin areas, but other than that it's quick and easy to do - I just dab it over the entire affected area before bed every night. I'm not sure if it's doing any good, but it's not doing any harm either.

I believe my body is now fighting the virus, possibly helped by the vitamin C etc I'm taking, but probably just a matter of timing. I am still being pedantic about my nutrition, sleep, and general cross-infection hygiene though... I may stick with the vitamin supplements indefinitely yet, I feel much better generally anyway.

Still cautiously optimistic....

1 comment:

Nic said...

Hi there. I came across your post almost two months after your last one. Hope you still read this!

I treated my MC bumps myself with the pick the top/push out the core method. That worked WONDERFULLY well...but only because they were mature MC where I could see the white core.

To my horror, I noticed about 20 on my buttocks. Just when I thought I had beat it, I'm back to an even worse place than before. I can't reach these to pop. I'm keeping them all covered with bandaids (6 x-large!!!) at all times, unless I'm showering. I use tea tree oil soap in the shower then dry off with paper towels and put on more bandaids.

I hope your MC has cleared up since your last post!